Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Yarn-Foo


I was on business travel to San Antonio last week and I was able to hook-up with a friend who knits. She took me to a fabulous yarn shop. I think she has gotten me hooked on knitting. We picked up some large needles, some small needles and some wonderful yarn. The blue is a fat yarn requiring size 10.5 needles. I'm hoping I can learn to do a monmouth cap with that yarn but I need to get some double-pointed needles first.
The red is a nice weight for socks, but I'm hoping to knit a miser's purse with it. My friend copied out some directions for me. Obviously I need to learn to knit in the round first.
What fun trip!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh oh. Is this becoming a knitting blog? :-)

I had a great time, too!!!

4:14 PM  
Blogger ML said...

I keep seeing more and more people knitting and now I WANT to knit!

Love the yarn choices!

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does sound like a fun trip! Discovering new yarn and great patterns is so satisfying. :)

Ari (Baking and Books)

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home