Sunday, January 14, 2007

Thank you!


Thanks to LornaJay I figured out the twist in my garters. It's funny, you can see where I changed my stitches and the twist disappears from the garter. I evidently need some expert guidance before I tackle anymore knitting projects. Bad habits are hard to break, and just the way I was wrapping the yarn over the needle made the difference in how the garters turned out. So, it took 3 or 4 rows before I would remember wrap away from me, not toward me, without thinking about it. I'm hopeless.
The funny thing is that I find myself reaching for the yarn and needles. Maybe another pair? Really, a person only needs so many pairs of garters, and I already have a beautiful knitted pair from my friend at Knitiot. Maybe I need some different yarn .....

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to have been of assistance! Tell me, what do you use garters for? I use them to hold socks up (wrap around leg underneath the turnover), but I suspect your legs aren't quite that wide!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Lornajay - I'm in an Elizabethan re-creation group and back in 1587 they used garters to hold their stockings up. So, your use in holding your socks up is the same thing. The reason they are so long is because some folks in our group like to double-wrap them, above and then below the knee to keep the stockings in place. Garters were knitted, leather, or just strips of fabric. Knitted is far more interesting.

2:40 PM  
Blogger ML said...

I'm glad you found out how to fix the dastardly garter! :)

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really miss knitting!


I'm glad you figured out why your garters were twisting....

Is it just me or is that a funny phrase? "your garters were twisting?"

;)


Ari (Baking and Books)

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home