Sunday, January 28, 2007

Buttonholes



I have been continuing to work on the red cassock. I've been doing a bit of handstitching, and now I'm working on the buttonholes. I'm handstitching those as well, but I found some beautiful pewter button from Steve Millingham's Pewter Replicas. Even though he is located in England, his prices are so reasonable that even with overseas shipping and an abominable exchange rate, the buttons usually work out to be less expensive than what I can find over here.
The cassock is madder red wood lined with linen. All the hand stitching is with linen thread.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks really great. I love the buttons.

2:48 PM  
Blogger ML said...

That's lovely work! Really liking the buttons!

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color, I've always wanted a garmet in such a deep red hue. :)


Ari (Baking and Books)

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home