Sunday, February 25, 2007

In-Progress


I haven't posted much about sewing lately, so here are a couple of projects that are in the works. This is a pair of bodies that I'm working on and have been for awhile. I'm hand stitching the channels for the reeds with linen thread. The blue fabric is a light wool and it is inter-lined with a stiffer linen canvas. It will be lined with another linen layer to hide the stitching on inside. This project has been a little daunting because it's so much handwork, but it is moving along rather nicely. I would like to finish it in time for Military Through the Ages at Jamestown, but I'm not going to push it. I want a nice article of clothing when I'm done.

After the Volunteer Training Weekend, Jim and I made a list of all the "stuff" we needed to do for the Anniversary Weekend in May. While I have a corset that works, Jim needs falling bands. He has 1 or 2 at the moment, but MTA is a 2-day event and the Anniversary Weekend is going to be a 3-day event. He needs more. This one I've been working on, off and on, for years. It's been a nice little hand work project that I take with me when I remember it. It's linen with a pulled-thread hem. I need to stitch down the pleats and then attach it a band that will get pinned to a collar.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the complete 'pair of bodies'. Awesome!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home