Friday, November 17, 2006




Isn't it funny how time flies? Okay, sometimes not so funny. Like now, it's the 17th of November. Next week is Thanksgiving, and Christmas is just around the corner. I find myself pretty much unprepared for the holidays. And then I wonder why I'm so unprepared, considering they happen every year, predictably at the same time every year!

I used to be better about getting ready for the holidays. I don't like procrastinating. It's not really in my nature. I’m the type who wakes up at 3:00 am and worries over things. Any thing. So I try to make sure I don't have anything to worry over. But yet, for the last couple of holiday seasons, I have found myself unprepared for the holidays.

And I wonder why.

Am I really so busy throughout the Entire Year that I can't come up with ideas for the holidays? I can't say that I am, but yet here I am again unprepared. I have a few gifts already purchased, and have a couple of ideas for some family, but for most of them, I have nothing, and can't think of anything cool. Maybe that's the problem; I want to find that cool gift.

But then, what is a cool gift? I think it's something that maybe the recipient wouldn't necessarily buy for themselves, but wouldn't mind having. Or maybe something hand made.

But then, if they wouldn't buy it for themselves, who's to say it wouldn't just sit around collecting dust? Having been the recipient of many dust collectors, I don't really want to do that to someone.

I love the holidays. I enjoy being off from work, cooking yummy food, wrapping gifts, and giving them to my friends and family. I enjoy gift-giving, especially when you've found that gift you really want someone to have. Many of my Christmas decorations are things I purchased in Germany and they are very special to me. It's always fun putting those decorations up around the house and on the tree.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how quickly the holidays are here!!! I still have 3 gifts to knit and I'm done with the knitting part but have no idea what to get Boogie or Big B. EEEKkkk!

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the holiday season too, I feel like there's something in the air around this time of year. People seem happier, the 'vibe' seems more cheerful... does that make sense?


Ari (Baking and Books)

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home