Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Not enough to do?

Evidently I didn't have enough to do in preparation for Pennsic. After reading Tom's Blood and Sawdust page, I've wanted to make a knock-down hutch to hide a cooler at events. Packs flat for easy transport, does a wonderful job of hiding a cooler while keeping the cooler accessible.

I started last weekend and the results so far:

While not nearly as nice as Tom's, I think it will do well enough. I still have to paint and finish it, which I hope to do this weekend.

Someday I'll take the time to actually learn how to use my tools better. I learn more everytime I make something, but I'm always somewhat disappointed. In this case, the plywood chipped in some places when I cut the boards to size. When I was routing out the legs where the front panel connect some of the wood splintered. I'm sure I'm the one doing something wrong, and I need to get some good woodworking books and do some reading.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, looks great! A couple of coats of paint can hide a multitude of sins (take a close look at mine sometime). You're making me and Harv look like slackers.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Kestrel - I do attempt several different things, but overall my attempts are mediocre. It would help if I concentrated on one or two things instead of every cool thing that comes along.

Tom - That's the next step, paint. It's so humid tho, it may never dry :) You'll see it at Pennsic; routing diversion, chipping, maybe not so square as could be, etc. But it will hide that cooler!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home